How To Add a Bonus Subscribe Button to your Videos
How to Add an iTunes Subscribe Button to a Wordpress Blog for a Podcast
Being part of the blogging world often means creating your own podcast. If you are an expert in your field, or you have an interesting look at the world, then anyone who owns an Apple device (and many people who own Windows devices) can go to iTunes and subscribe to your podcast with 1 click. Marketing your podcast on a blog or website is a great way to get listeners and advertisers. If you have a WordPress blog, you can also add a link to help people subscribe to your iTunes podcast. The process is slightly different depending upon if your blog is hosted on WordPress.com, or self-hosted using WordPress.org software, but you should have at least a rudimentary understanding of HTML to accomplish this task. Read more to find out how to add an iTunes Subscribe Button to a WordPress blog for a podcast.
Adding a Subscribe Button on WordPress.com
Add your Podcast to iTunes.You will need to host your original podcast on a server and then post the RSS link on iTunes. Go to apple.com/itunes/podcasts/specs for further information about keeping and posting podcast episodes on iTunes.
Gather your iTunes URL and feed number.When you post a podcast, you should receive an email from Apple telling you your URL with the feed number. It should look similar to "
Sign in to your WordPress.com blog.Click on the blog name and go to the dashboard. Find the Appearance bar, and click on the "Widgets" option.
Add the "Text" widget to your blog.Click on the Text widget and drag it up to the upper right corner of the page. This will show the active widgets on your blog and where they are placed.
Create your iTunes subscribe button.There is more than 1 way to do this, depending how you want the iTunes subscribe link to look. Choose one of the following ways:
- Add an iTunes subscription link to your text widget, using the general formula of HTML code, URL, text and closing HTML code. For example, place the usual hyperlink HTML code, which is a less than sign (<), then "a href= " at the beginning, and then your link, " in iTunes, and then close your html code with a less than sign (<) "/a" and then a greater than sign (>). You will need to include the quotes at the beginning and end of your URL, but not around any of your beginning or ending HTML code. Save the link and it will appear on your blog.
- Find the HTML code for a chicklet subscribe button graphic. Go to ifeedreaders.com/chicklet-creator/ to get button code to put in your text widget. Copy the code into the text box. Replace the link code with your RSS iTunes feed code. Save the code and it will appear on your blog.
- If these codes do not work properly, try replacing the "[http:" http:"] at the beginning of your link with "itpc:"
Adding a Subscribe Button using WordPress.org Software
Go to the Plugin directory at WordPress.org.Either search for "subscribe button" or "itunes podcast." There is a variety of Plugins that you can download to help you complete this process through your open source WordPress software.
- You may want to try the AddToAny: Subscribe Button or the Subscribe Sidebar plugin by Blubrry, or you can add your iTunes podcast directly to your site using the Podcasting Plugin by TSG.
Make sure your WordPress software has been updated to the specifications required for the Plugin to run properly.These are listed on the right hand side of the page.
Download the plugin file.It will usually be downloaded as a zip file, because it will be large. You will need to open the zip file on your computer and upload it to your WordPress site. You can configure it from your WordPress administration interface.
Configure the plugin to be used in your widgets sidebar or your theme's sidebar template.Add your iTunes URL, with the proper ID, and save your changes. Your subscribe button should now appear on your website.
- Seek help from your WordPress administrator or a web programmer, if you are not sure how to work in your WordPress administrator dashboard.
- A chicklet is an HTML coded icon. It is a square button, and it is often used to provide links from a website to social media accounts.
- Many WordPress.org users download the PodPress plugin, in order to host their podcasts on WordPress. This plugin has features that allow you to link PodPress to iTunes.
Video: How to Create iTunes Podcast Link Buttons for blogspot & wordpress blogs
People Are Contouring Their Hair Now
How to Buoy an Anchor
How to Sew a Jacket
How to Waterproof Paper
How to Make Red Velvet Cake Roll
How to Dance Freestyle
8 Sleeping Tips To Help You Wake Up in the Best Mood
60 Summer Outfits For Men – Stylish Warm Weather Clothing Ideas
How To Land A Job In Fashion (No Matter Where You Live)
Take That Break Up Rumours Untrue’
DIY Vanilla Sandalwood Perfume Oil
Gluten-Free New York-Style Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
10 Natural (and Effective) Ways to De-Bloat Almost Instantly
14 of the Best Short Hairstyles for Women with Curly Hair